CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Coldplay ---------------


During my senior year of high school, I was formally introduced to the majesty of Coldplay. Like most pop culture fanatics, I knew and loved their Billboard hits "Yellow" and "Clocks."
Unlike most, the first album that I ever fully listened to was X&Y. A dear co-worker at The Grand who was a typical fan of Shinedown and T-Pain sat me down in her Ford truck and demanded that I listen closely. I was hooked. After listening to "A Rush of Blood to the Head," I made a mental note that life would/could never be the same. With the looming anxiety of achieving high ACT scores and applying for college, I walked tall with the sounds of Chris Martin bouncing in each step.

After arriving at college, my first friendships were formed solely on the basis of our mutual Coldplay dedication. We established a dorm ritual, C.R.S. (or Coldplay Rejuvenation Session) which consisted of sitting in a dark room and listening to Coldplay as loud as possible in order to relieve us from the academic stress. Sophomore year consists of fond memories of watching Brandon's Coldplay Live DVD strewn across JT 26's lovesacs.

Lauren and I arrived promptly at midnight after work for the release of their new album, Viva la Vida. Along with Brandon, I too was cautious at first, but now I adore it. I am eager to make the radical claim that Coldplay serves as a personal spiritual experience. I love Chris's signature falsetto. I constantly day dream about the daily life of Gwenyth Paltrow, Chris Martin's wife. Seriously..Can you imagine?

I slaved over the king of online auctioning, eBay and won a golden ticket to see them live in Glasgow, Scotland on December 12!! I cannot wait. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw them last night on a late-night talk show and the song was beautiful. I need more.

Lorina said...

ahhhhh!!! you get to see them in Scotland!! yeah! Ok, I had a dream about Chris last night. I fell asleep listening to 'A Message' and woke up from this vivid dream. I dreamt that Chris was not married and totally in love with me. Isn't that crazy?

Ashley and Devon said...

that is so exciting your going to see coldplay! how fun :)

Unknown said...

VIVA LA VIDAA!!

i just purchased this wonder at my local Wal-Mart.

Seeing Coldplay in Scotland??! Could life be any sweeter for one, Hannah (no middle name) Shirley? Jealousy.