CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's Put a Smile on that Face


To many of you, I have made the claim that my life has changed for the better. It is true. And this was made possible through the extraordinary talent of Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart in their unbelievable Dark Knight performances.


I have this thing for Heath Ledger which most likely stems from my 10-Things-I-Hate-About-You-Generation. And the steamy Aussie accent. After receiving news of his unfortunate passing, I converted my Dell Inspiron wallpaper into a memorial honoring his exceptional acting talents. And it remains today. My friend George and I were at the Sundance Film Festival on the day he died. We scored evening tickets to the premiere of Incendiary, starring Michelle Williams (Heath's baby mamma). Unfortunately, Michelle was unable to appear and was abruptly flown to NY. His death was a huge loss.

And did you know? Aaron Eckhart, a film major, is a member of the elite BYU alumni. Just think, I walk the same paths that he used to get to the JFSB. I eat at the same tables that he used in the Wilk. It's probably safe to assume that he's roasted a few smores at the Bell Tower before.

As a theater employee, I was fortunate enough to preview the movie in advance (Wed. night). And I was not disappointed in the least bit. I wanted to make shirts or dress up, but Ashley & Ross sadly rejected my ideas. So, I opted for all black in order to properly mourn Heath. Many times throughout the movie, I had chillbumps because it is so disturbing. The Grand, along with America's national box office have set all new, impressive records due to the popularity of Batman. You have to see it!

7 comments:

Lorina said...

hana! I saw the movie as well and it was so intense it made me cry.

Manda Panda said...

Is it true that doing this movie drove him to drugs? Was it really that disturbing? I guess it's not one I should take the boys to see.

Ronnie said...

Favorite line -- "do you want to see me make a pencil disappear?" Your man creeped me out and I loved every minute of it.

Unknown said...

I finally saw it, and fell in love. I wasn't wanting to see Heath Ledger since he is dead now, I didn't know how I felt about it, but that movie did not disappoint. It was great!

"Why soo seriousss?"

The Boover Bunch said...

I have not seen the movie yet. Hilton wanted to take Sam for a daddy date. I've been apprehensive, though, since it's so dark. I do admire your tribute and dedication to Heath...so sad to lose such a young talent.

Unknown said...

I request a new blog. At least before you leave. How about a blog about your last few days as a teenager?

Unknown said...

you did not comment me. it is not there.