CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding, Drew Carey, & Other Tales from the Crypt

Although it was almost a month ago, I am set on blogging about my Western tour of the United States. I faced an unfortunate setback after accidently deleting each and every photograph from my mother's beloved Sony memory card which was used to document the trip. I felt adamant that text could not convey the bon temps. I'm back in business, baby.


My scheduled flight out of New Orleans to Cali was canceled for the night because the pilot forgot to show up to the airport. United Airlines booked me a hotel on the outskirts of New Orleans at the glamorous Hampton Inn. I ordered a 3 course room service meal and laid in bed with my package of Double Stuf Oreos simply restless to see Keith.

Because I didn't arrive in LA until the next day, Keith and I were unable to attend CBS's legendary Price is Right that morning. During the entire trip, Keith teased me that we weren't going back. Eventually, he gave in. Needless to say, it was my favorite day of the trip. And completely blogging worthy. Although Bob Barker is no longer a factor, my life long dream to go to the Price is Right was completed. Besides an hour lunch break, we literally waited in line from 6am until 4pm. I sported my homemade purple polo, "Drew Carey for President." Even though I didn't get "called down," I would have been fine wearing the famous yellow tag nametag for the rest of my life.


Keith and I went to the beach, had a run in with Destiny/Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, and tore up Six Flags.
Also, LA loves Coldplay. I can honestly say that it played every time that we entered the car.






My next stop was Salt Lake City to stay with Danielle Christine. We completed the usual itinerary: laugh alot, threaten to kidnap small children, sleep in till noon, direction-less driving through the mountains, and makeup experiments. And for those of you who are curious, yes, I ate my fair share of Cafe Rio.

Loriana, Dani, and I left Provo Thursday afternoon en route to Denver, Colorado to watch our dear friend Crystal become Mrs. McCown. I loved being a bridesmaid. The wedding was gorgeous. Along with the groomsmen. And, of course, the bride.





P.S. The PIR episode will air Oct. 1st. The contestant that they call down first is sitting in front of me and we go in for the popular hug. Watch. Laugh.

2 comments:

Manda Panda said...

How did I not know about this momentous occasion? David and I are huge PIR fans! Although, it really hasn't been the same since Bob Barker left. I am soooo watching on Oct 1st. Can't wait to see that famous obligatory hug! That, my friend, is freakin hilarious!

Unknown said...

I too find it hilarious that you went in for the hug! Glad you had fun, cute pictures.